At Charlotte, we aim to support you during your time. Check out these additional resources that may be able to provide you with assistance.
The Atkins Library not only loans books to students, but also offers study rooms, research services, and more.
- Atkins Library is open to the public, but only UNC Charlotte students may check out books.
- Library hours vary, view today’s hours here.
The UNC Charlotte bookstore is located in the Popp Martin Student Union and sells textbooks, apparel, gifts, and accessories.
- At the on campus bookstore, you’ll have access to the best supply of rental and used books through Niner Course Pack.
- Niner Course Pack is a textbook rental program:
- Students will have the option to buy their rented textbook at a reduced price at the end of the semester.
- Enrollment in the program is automatic and the cost is $20 per credit hour per term.
There are many options for dining on campus. When dining on campus, you have the option to purchase food with your meal plan or with cash.
- All first year students living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan each semester, regardless of which residence hall you live in.
- The meal plan will be charged to your student account and will show on your bill.
The campus directory lists on-campus phone numbers for faculty, staff, and students.
Niner Needs offers a menu of support services for students struggling to secure basic needs.
- Basic needs are defined as those needs that hinder students’ ability to focus on and successfully complete their academic studies – food insecurity, housing insecurity, homelessness, transportation, health and wellbeing, technology or child care.
- The Office of Student Assistance and Support Services is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Permits are required to park anytime the University is open.
Student Health Center
The Student Health Center provides healthcare for students.
- The Student Health Center provides primary medical care, disease prevention, health education, wellness promotion, and various specialty services to all registered UNC Charlotte students, regardless of the type of health insurance they carry.
- The Student Health Center is located on the corner of Cameron Boulevard and Mary Alexander Road. It is building number 65 on the campus map.
- There is no charge to see a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, nurse, physical therapist, or health educator.
- These services are included in the Student Health Fee which is included in tuition.
- There are charges for pharmacy, laboratory tests, x-rays, allergy shots, specialty clinics and some procedures.
The Residency Determination Service (RDS) is the centralized system in North Carolina for determining residency for students.
- The state of North Carolina substantially subsidizes the cost of tuition for all students whose domicile, or permanent legal residence, is in North Carolina.
- You may qualify as a resident for tuition purposes if:
- you and or/your parent(s)/ legal guardian have established and maintained legal residence (or domicile) in North Carolina for at least 12 consecutive months before you claimed residency,
- your intent is to make North Carolina your home indefinitely, and
- you came to North Carolina for reasons other than to attend college
- To learn more about residency and to apply, visit Residency Determination Service (RDS)
49er ID Card
A 49er ID card allows access to campus housing, activities and programs, labs, and many other campus services.
- The 49er ID card also serves as a meal plan card, library card, and secondary credential for parking.
- Learn more about what your 49er ID Card will give you access to, how to access your mobile ID, add funds, etc.