Your payment is due by the due date shown on your bill.
View And Pay your Account Balance
- Log in to MyCharlotte
- In the My Student Account block, select View Account & Statements
- Once logged in, select View Activity for a more detailed breakdown
- Select Make Payment or utilize the International Payment Portal
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment.
As you add or drop classes, or add meal plans, housing, etc, your bill amount will automatically update.
- Online – Pay online through MyCharlotte, view instructions to pay online
- Payment Plan – Sign up for up to a 5-installment payment plan, view Payment Plan information
- By mail – Mail payment to UNC Charlotte, Cashier’s Office, Reese Building, 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001. Please allow 5-6 days for mail delivery. All payments should include the student name and ID number to ensure correct and timely processing. DO NOT MAIL CASH.
- In person
- Pay by check at the Niner Central drop box in the Cone Building or by visiting the Office of the Bursar – Cashier’s. View operating hours.
- Pay with cash only at the Office of the Bursar- Cashier’s.
- International Payments – See International Payment instructions
- 529 Plans – See 529 Plan instructions
- University Scholarships – Visit the University Scholarship Office to apply
- External Scholarships – See External Scholarship Payment instructions
- Third-Party Sponsorships – See Third-Party Sponsor instructions
Accepted Payment Types
- Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, or online using your checking or savings account (eCheck), debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express), there is no extra fee to pay via credit card
- We recommend that you contact your Financial Institution prior to using certain savings accounts for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments to ensure that the account can be used for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments, and avoid unnecessary returned check fees.
- All payments must be in U.S. currency
- Remittance should be made payable to “UNC Charlotte” and identified with the student name and ID number
- Receipts will not be mailed. In person or online payment receipts will be emailed to your University designated email address
- Do not mail cash or place it in the dropbox
- We recommend that you contact your Financial Institution prior to using certain savings accounts for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments to ensure that the account can be used for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments.
- Payment directed to UNC Charlotte should be rendered for the amount due based upon a University bill, or the expected amount of tuition and on-campus housing/dining charges. If a personal payment is received in excess of the amount billed, the excess will be placed on deposit for an upcoming semester. If a student would like payment to be returned via the original method of payment to the originator of the payment, they should contact the Bursar’s Office.
- Returned checks are subject to a $35.00 returned check fee assessed to the student’s account.
- This includes payments returned for “NON TRANSACTION” accounts.