529 Plan Payments
Most 529 plans are handled directly between the student and the plan provider.
About 529 Plan Payments
- Please contact your plan administrator early to ask what information you need to provide and how many days in advance you need to request for payment to be processed and received in order to meet the required due date at UNC Charlotte.
- Many 529 plans are able to send funds via ACH. Please check with your plan provider to see if this electronic option is available through one of our existing vendor relationships.
- To avoid course cancellations, allow an additional 7 to 10 business days for mailing to ensure payment is received in the Cashier’s Office by the due date.
- Usually, your 529 administrator will request a copy of your eBill or an account activity screenshot. Once you send a bill to your administrator, they will mail payment to UNC Charlotte on your behalf.
- If you are using a 529 plan thatrequires an invoice from the school (such as Florida Prepaid) versus directly from the student, please email your financial support letter from your prepaid plan to email@example.com.
- To initiate invoicing, you must notify the Office of the Bursar in advance, including your financial support letter and student ID number. Invoicing begins the day after the last Add/Drop Date.
- Due to the number of third-party sponsors that are invoiced, please allow up to three weeks after the drop/add date each semester for invoices to be submitted.
- Please request your plan administrator submit payments to the following address and include the student’s full name and student ID (800) number. This will ensure the payment is mailed to the Cashier’s Office and posted to the correct student account.
- Please provide your plan administrator with mailing instructions and student information to ensure payment is received and applied by the required payment due date.
- If the address does not specify Cashier’s Office or include a student name and id number, the mailed payment may not be received prior to the payment due date and posting to the correct student account will be delayed.
UNC Charlotte, Office of the Bursar
Cashiers Office – Reese Building
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28223