You may have a financial hold on your account if you have an outstanding balance or overdue installment payment(s) to the University.

A Financial Hold will prevent you from:

  • Registering at your scheduled registration time
  • Dropping classes and/or withdrawing from the University
  • Receiving a diploma and/or an official transcript
  • Re-enrolling into the University if you break enrollment

Your balance or overdue installment(s) must be paid in full in order to clear the financial hold. You can check your hold status and pay your account balance before attempting to register for classes in your MyCharlotte account.

To check the status of your hold:

  • Log in to MyCharlotte
  • Select Student Self Service
  • Under the Student Services/Student Accounts tab, select View Holds

To make a payment and view your account summary:

  • Log in to MyCharlotte
  • In the My Student Account block, select View Account & Statements
  • Select Make Payment
  • Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment
  • If you have pending financial aid that is sufficient to cover your outstanding balance, please complete any outstanding requirements so your aid is disbursed to your student account
  • You must submit the Title IV authorization in MyCharlotte for financial aid to be applied toward non-institutional charges like health insurance

After paying any balance due, registration holds will automatically release within 15 minutes and transcript/diploma holds will release within 24 hours.

Dropping/Withdrawing from classes while you have a hold:

  • If you have one of these holds on your accountThird Party Payment, Student Accounts, Misc-Financial, Loan Default, Returned Check, or Delinquent Account, Advisement Required, Bad Address, Disciplinary, Dean of Students, Final Transcript/Degree Statement Missing, Immunization, and New Student Orientation – but you wish to drop or withdraw from a course(s) before the add/drop or withdrawal deadline, you may request to do so.
    • Undergraduate Students: To request to drop/withdraw from a course, email ninercentral@charlotte.edu from your University email account and indicate the course number and prefix for the course(s) you would like to take action on.
    • Graduate Students: To request to drop/withdraw from a course, submit an academic petition and use the “other course related request” category.

Note: If you are an undergraduate withdrawing from courses, you must have enough withdrawal hours available (maximum withdrawals: 16 hours). Requests will not be processed if the drop/withdrawal deadline has passed, or for undergraduate students who would exceed the maximum number of withdrawal hours.