We recommend that you set up direct deposit for any future financial refunds. It’s the fastest and most secure way to receive your refund!
- Direct Deposit is the fastest and most secure way to receive your refund.
- By electing this option, your refund will be directly deposited into your checking or savings account at the financial institution of your choice rather than waiting for a mailed check.
- Please be sure to keep your bank account information up to date in MyCharlotte. Failure to have current direct deposit information will delay your refund.
Enroll or Update Direct Deposit
- Log in to MyCharlotte using your NinerNET username and password
- Click on the DIRECT DEPOSIT ACCOUNT SET UP message in the My Student Account block
- Scroll down to the Accounts Payable Deposit section, if it’s not already at the top of your screen. This section is used for Student Refund Direct Deposits.
- Reference this FAQ for step by step instructions on how to enroll in Direct Deposit or make Changes to your bank account information.
- Student workers must also complete the Payroll Proposed Pay Distribution Direct Deposit
What happens if I enter old or incorrect direct deposit information and my refund is sent to an old account or someone else’s account in error?
- The University deposits refunds to the bank account you enter when you set up your direct deposit instructions with the University. Please update your direct deposit information if the bank account is no longer current.
- If your refund is processed to an old or incorrect bank account, it is up to each individual financial institution (bank or credit union) to return the funds to the University.
- If the institution does not return funds to the University, it is the student’s responsibility to work directly with the institution to resolve an issue.
- If the bank or credit union returns the funds to the University, the refund will be processed automatically after direct deposit information is updated.