Peer Hub is a centralized location for undergraduate students in all majors to receive general advising services with trained Peer Advisors.
ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE FROM FELLOW STUDENTS!
Peer Advisors serve to connect students with tools and resources to navigate their academic journey and develop good strategies to use them most effectively. Peer Advisors are able to answer general advising questions such as how to schedule advising appointments, how to register for classes, where to find academic support resources, and more! The team also connect students with financial literacy guidance, career coaching and resources, and billing/financial aid specialists who can help you include those considerations for your educational journey.
Our purpose is to provide “whole student” assistance for you to stay in command of your academic journey, get the most from your college experience, and reach your career goals!
Peer Advisor Support
Check out the many ways a Peer Advisor can support you:
- Understanding registration process including important dates and the academic calendar, course descriptions and terminology, course restrictions, instructional delivery, registration times, errors, etc.
- Registration software including basic how-to steps through advanced features guidance for Banner Self Service, DegreeWorks, and Schedule Wizard.
- How to uses Connect for scheduling your advising appointment, viewing your Advisor’s notes, checking your alerts and to-do’s, and keeping your Advisor up to date on your academic goals and interests.
- Academic advising prep for pre-appointment requirements, narrowing down your most effective questions to ask, creating your appointment agenda.
- Where to find academic success resources like library services, tutoring, workshops, study groups, and more.
- Building belonging by locating involvement opportunities through student organizations, culture events, athletics, and more.
- Developing confidence through competence, including connecting with resources for your career development, financial literacy, and managing the cost and time aspects of your educational journey.
Schedule Virtual Appointments
Ready to connect with a peer advisor? Whether you have general advising questions or more specific inquiries related to your academic journey, we are here to support you. Check out our calendar and schedule a virtual appointment that works for your schedule. You can also view opportunities where you can find us out on campus for registration week or other events. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com, by calling (704) 687-8622 or visiting Niner Central in-person. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Partner Peer Programs
Check out these partner peer programs that are specific to academic colleges or students they serve.
Connect with Partners
Campus partners and resources are essential to your success at Charlotte.
- Connect with a career coach. Looking for support with academic decisions that relate to potential career pathways? Our University Career Center can assist you!
- Connect with Niner Finances. If you want to learn more about financial literacy, gain insight into your spending, saving or borrowing — Niner Finances can help.
Connect with Peer Hub Advisors at these upcoming events:
- Explore Week with University Career Center:
- Sept. 27 / Prospector / 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Sept. 28 / University Career Center / 12 – 2 p.m.
- Sept. 29 / University Career Center / 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Oct. 2 / Popp Martin Student Union / 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Registration Week with Enrollment Programs & Communications:
- Oct. 30 / CHHS Plaza / 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Oct. 31 / Belk Plaza / 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Nov. 3 / Belk Plaza / 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Registration Labs
- Nov. 1 / CHHS 342 / 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Nov. 2 / CHHS 370 / 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
At Peer Hub, we value the perspective of your peers. This is why we are dedicated to providing resources created by students for students.
*Please note, we are continuing to grow our digital offerings and this list will be updated as resources are finalized.