Charlotte has partnered with Flywire to offer a streamlined way to make a payment from your home country.
You will be able to track your payment through the Flywire dashboard, and you will be notified via email when it is deposited into our account.
How do I make an international payment with Flywire?
1. Go to Flywire and enter your payment amount and country of origin.
2. Select your preferred payment method from the options provided. Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment, or other local options.
- Debit/credit card in your home currency: Flywire handles the foreign exchange so you will know the exact amount that will be deducted from your account before you make your payment.
- Bank transfer (wire): you will need to make arrangements with your bank (in person, online, or over the phone) and send your funds to Flywire in your chosen currency. Bank transfers typically take 2 to 3 business days to reach Flywire from the point that your bank releases the funds.
3. Create your account or log into your existing Flywire account and enter the requested information to initiate your payment booking.
4. Follow the instructions provided to send funds to Flywire. Depending on your bank, payment may be made online, in person, or over the phone. For debit/credit payments, enter your card details online to complete the payment in your home currency. Note: Additional local options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
5. Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including confirmation when your payment has been delivered to your institution.
6. For further information regarding Flywire please contact the help desk at 1-800-346-9252.
Note: Payment directed to UNC Charlotte should be rendered for the amount due based upon a University bill, or the expected amount of tuition and on-campus housing/dining charges. If you are an international student and you made your payment through Flywire, any overpayments will be refunded through Flywire.