A transcript is a complete record of a student's academic history. Transcripts are free of charge.

General Information

  • You may order official transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 
  • Transcripts can be sent electronically (recommended), mailed as a hard copy, or printed for pick up in person at Niner Central
  • By placing your order online, you will receive delivery confirmation via email. You may also opt-in for text message confirmation
  • Confirm receipt of all grades and/or the awarding of degree in Banner Self Service before ordering an official transcript

Active and inactive students can order a transcript directly through Parchment Exchange.

  1. First time users will need to create a Parchment account
  2. Start by adding a school you attended
  3. Use the Search feature to locate the school
  4. When your school appears, select Add
  5. Sign in to your account
  6. Select Order under school name
  7. Follow the provided instructions to complete your order.

For Alumni who Attended Prior to 1988:

  • If the Office of the Registrar has already migrated your legacy transcript, your order will complete immediately.
  • If the Office of the Registrar needs to build your transcript, we will do so before fulfilling your order. 
  • Please allow 5-7 business days for the building of your transcript. 
  • Once your legacy transcript is built, future orders will process more quickly.
If you are requesting a transcript on behalf of someone else, place your order directly through Parchment Exchange.
  1. First time users will need to create a Parchment account
  2. Start by adding the school you are requesting a transcript from
  3. Use the Search feature to locate the school
  4. When your school appears, select Add
  5. Sign in to your account
  6. Select Order under school name
  7. Follow the provided instruction to complete your order
  8. When asked if you have an attachment, please be sure to attach the student’s consent to the order.

Transcript requests for government, military, and OPM agents:

  1. Agents can pick up an official transcript at Niner Central (see Tab #4 under Transcript Formats, Item #3).   
  2. Agents can order a transcript on the student’s behalf through Parchment (see steps directly above).
  3. If your organization uses DoD SAFE, the agent will email the link to for our staff to access the student’s signed release form. Include your badge number and contact information in the email.
  4. The agent will email a separate link to so we can upload the transcript. If there is a preference between an official or unofficial transcript, it will be specified in the email. 

Checking Transcript Order Status

  • To check the status of a transcript order that has already been placed.
  • View the track an order tutorial video below for help:

  1. Access Parchment Self-Service Plus
  2. Login to your account
  3. Locate transcript institution
  4. View the order details as provided by selecting Track

To Release a Hold for Grades/Degrees on a Transcript Order that has already been placed, if you have an immediate need for your transcript to be sent (e.g. without all grades or degrees), contact Parchment Exchange.

Need Help?


Electronic PDF Transcripts

  • Electronic PDF transcript delivered to email address (employer, prospective employer, yourself, etc.) or any school on the Parchment website.
  • Timing: This is the quickest delivery option. You will receive your transcript within minutes.

Paper Transcripts - Mailed through USPS

  • Paper transcripts are printed on security paper, sealed, and have the University Registrar’s signature. 
  • Timing: Once the request for an official transcript is received, it can take up to 10 business days to be delivered in the mail.

Paper Transcripts - Printed for Pick Up at Niner Central

  • Printed orders will be available for pick up at Niner Central Cone 380 during our normal business hours (Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm except for university holidays). 
  • Photo ID (49er ID Card, state ID, driver’s license, or passport) is required for students at the time of pick up.
  • If someone else will be picking up your transcript, please ensure you grant them access through our Guest Access Portal. 
    • Federal agents can present the student’s signed release form as authorization at the time of pick up.
  • First, request an official transcript by following instructions located under “Ordering an Official Transcript" on this page. The request will need to be for pick up at Niner Central. This will print your transcript at our location so that we can pull it for the notary process.
  • Next, immediately notify Niner Central by telephone (704-687-8622) or email ( that your transcript requires a notary. Office staff will complete the notary service, at no cost to you.
  • If you would prefer your transcript be mailed after the notarization, please request this via email ( and include the recipient address in your message.   
  • UNC Charlotte does not complete the apostille process. We provide the notary as required for the apostille process. 
  • You can find the instructional process to obtain authentication/authority certificates and the document submission on the Secretary of State website.  Transcript should remain sealed for inclusion in your United States Department of State Authentication submission packet. Learn more about the certification process here.

Complete Record:

  • We provide both undergraduate and graduate coursework upon request. A transcript is an exact and complete record of a student's academic history; therefore the University will not issue a partial transcript.


  • Make sure that you have no outstanding financial obligations to the university. If your academic record has a financial hold, transcript requests will not be processed. If your hold is resolved, your transcript will automatically be released by Parchment. (Please note that Parchment checks for holds that have been resolved at 10:30am and 3:30pm ET daily).

Requests to hold your transcript request until after final grades/degree is posted:

  • Final grades are posted on transcripts about 1 week after a term ends. Degrees are posted about one month after a term ends. Please be sure to indicate on the request if you would like your transcript held for final grades or the degree to be posted.

How can I view my unofficial transcript?

Unofficial transcripts are only available to students enrolled in the last twelve months. You can use your unofficial transcript to review your current Major/Minor and concentrations, degrees earned, academic standing, transfer credits and term grades. Unofficial transcripts are a preview copy of your official transcript.

If you are a current student or have been enrolled within the last 12 months:

  1. Log into MyCharlotte
  2. Select Student Self Service
  3. Select Student Profile in the Student Records section
  4. Select Unofficial Transcript
  5. Select the Transcript Level and the "Web Transcript" Transcript Type

Once you have pulled up your transcript, you can print a copy or save as a PDF which may assist you. Unofficial transcripts can be obtained at any time, even if you have an outstanding balance preventing official transcript orders.

If you have not been actively enrolled in the last 12 months, you are limited to official transcript orders only. To order an official transcript:

  1. First time users will need to create a Parchment account
  2. Start by adding a school you attended
  3. Use the Search feature to locate the school
  4. When your school appears, select Add
  5. Sign in to your account
  6. Select Order under school name
  7. Follow the provided instructions to complete your order.

Can I get a transcript that only shows my graduate coursework?

Transcripts are a complete record so a partial transcript cannot be issued. If you attended here as both an undergraduate and graduate, your transcript will include all coursework, with graduate level coursework on the front pages. 

Where can I find information about what is shown on the transcript?

Each transcript includes a Transcript Key. The Transcript Key explains grades, grade indicators, repeats, course designations, forgiveness policy and grade replacement.  

You can find explanations of grades on the Provost’s website.
You can find information about Academic Standing on the Provost’s website.