Waitlisting allows you to add yourself to a “list” for classes that are full.
If a class is full, you may be able to add yourself to the waitlist. You will receive an email if a seat has opened up and it is your turn to register for the class.
- You can see if a section has waitlist available by looking at the WLcolumns in the schedule of classes.
- Not all departments use waitlists for registration.
- The time you have to act is limited! Be sure to monitor your university email every day for updates
- You have to meet course prerequisites before you add yourself to a waitlist. Time Conflict errors will prevent you from adding yourself to a waitlist.
- You have to meet course prerequisites before you add yourself to a waitlist.
- If you are waitlisted you are not registered for the class.
- If you are waitlisted you are not guaranteed a seat in the class.
- If seats become available, the first students on the “list” are sent a notification to their UNC Charlotte email account and given the opportunity to register.
- You are only able to add yourself to a waitlist if the class is full and the department has made waitlist available.
- When you attempt to register, you may receive the error message “Closed – X Waitlisted”.
- To add yourself to the waitlist, select this option from the Action column.
- To add yourself to the waitlist, select the **Waitlist-Not Registered** option from the Action column
- No, academic departments have the authority to choose which sections will have a waitlist and which will not.
If a waitlist is full because it reached maximum enrollment, please continue to check Banner Self-Service frequently to see if space becomes available or additional sections become available. As the registration period progresses and you are still unable to secure a seat in the course, please contact your Academic Advisor for alternative course options for the term.
Note: It is helpful to check for open seats during the period just after grades are posted for each term. Enrollment can change frequently during this time.
- If you are notified of an open seat go to the “Add/Drop/Withdraw Classes” link in Banner Self-Service and select Web Registered from the Action drop down.
- Upon being notified that a seat has become available, you must register for the class prior to the registration expiration date and time provided in the email. Waitlist registration will not extend beyond the last day to add/drop a course.
- If you are no longer interested in this section, no action is necessary.