First-time Direct Loan recipients must complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at StudentLoans.gov.
How to complete Entrance Counseling
- Go to StudentLoans.gov
- Click the "Complete Entrance Counseling" link.
- Click "Log in to Start." (Note: You will need your FAFSA Student Aid ID to access the MPZN. If you do not have your federal ID, you can create a new FSA ID here.
- Follow the directions to complete your Entrance Counseling.
- Print your confirmation page and keep for your records. Your confirmation will be electronically submitted to our office by the federal government. It is usually received within 2-3 business days.
How to complete your Master Promissory Note
- Go to this MPN page on StudentLoans.gov.
- Under “Complete a Master Promissory Note” select “Log In”.
- (Note: You will need your federal student aid (FSA) ID and password to access the session. If you do not have your federal ID, you can create a new FSA ID here.
- Follow the instructions to complete, sign and submit your Direct Loan MPN.
- Our office will be notified within 2-3 business days after you sign your MPN.
When you graduate or withdraw and become less than a half-time student you will be required to complete exit counseling.
- July 31st is the priority deadline for MPN and Entrance Counseling completion. This will ensure all loan requirements are updated before the first disbursement date.
- The Office of Financial Aid usually receives these submissions within 2-3 business days that you complete them.