Short Term Loans
Short term loans are available to assist students who need small amounts of funding to meet emergency expenses.
Maximum Loan Amount & Availability
- The maximum available loan is $300
- Due to limited funds, short term loans are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis
Our objective is to help as many students as possible; therefore the loan is granted under the following terms:
- You must be a degree-seeking student enrolled for the current term.
- Any outstanding balance must be paid in full.
- You must not have received a refund over $200 within the past 30 days.
- If you are due a refund after your short term loan has been processed, your financial aid will first apply to your short term loan balance.
- You must repay the loan within 60 days of approval or by the end of the term whichever is earlier.
- If you do not repay the loan by the end of the term a “hold” will be placed on your University records. The hold will prevent you from registering for classes and will prevent the release of a transcript and other records until you have repaid the loan.
If approved, your loan funds will be direct deposited into your bank account (if established); otherwise you will need to pick up your loan check at the Cashiers Office in the Reese Building. You must bring a picture ID. Please allow 4 business days for loan processing.