UNC Charlotte awards more than 1,600 scholarships each year to incoming freshman, transfer, undergraduate, and graduate students with outstanding academic accomplishments and demonstrated financial need.
Types of Scholarships
- There are two categories of UNC Charlotte scholarships: merit-based and need-based scholarships.
- While both recognize the highest-achieving applicants, merit scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic, artistic, or athletic achievements, while need-based scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need based on the FAFSA.
- Athletic Scholarships are awarded by the coaches of the particular athletic program.
Applying for Scholarships
- To apply for scholarships, create your profile in the NinerScholars Portal.
- The Portal pulls information directly from the University’s student information system to build a scholarship profile specific to your academic history and current student status.
- Based on your profile, you’re matched with scholarships you may be eligible to apply for, and provided step-by-step instructions to apply in real-time.
- You may preview the scholarship listing here.
- Private scholarships are awarded by civic, social, and religious organizations, employers, private foundations, etc.
- We encourage you to apply for private scholarships. If you receive an outside scholarship, please request that the sponsoring organization make the check payable to UNC Charlotte, include your name and ID number on the check and mail it to: UNC Charlotte, attn: Office of the Bursar, 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001.