Transient Study Aid

Transient students are UNC Charlotte degree-seeking students who are also taking courses at another college  (typically during summer terms). UNC Charlotte is considered to be the home institution and the school you will be attending is the host institution.  

How transient study affects your financial aid:

  • You may only receive aid from one institution at a time during the same academic term.
  • Therefore, your request for financial aid during terms of transient study must be filed with UNC Charlotte, not the host institution.

How to receive financial aid for Transient Study:

  1. Submit a Transient Study form. Be sure get approval for transient study prior to taking any outside course(s).
  2. Register and pay out-of-pocket for all courses at host institution. 
  3. Submit the Transient Study - Financial Aid Request Form with documentation requested on the form.

Once these steps have been completed, the following will take place:

  1. UNC Charlotte’s financial aid office will send a Consortium Agreement Form to the host school.  The host school should then return the completed form to UNC Charlotte’s Financial Aid Office. 
  2. UNC Charlotte’s financial aid office will then award financial aid for the transient term based on the total number of hours that students are enrolled at UNC Charlotte and the host institution.
  3. The student must adhere to these financial aid awarding terms and conditions.

It is the student's responsibility to make sure that the Registrar's office at UNC Charlotte receives a final copy of the academic transcript from the host school after the transient term is over by the scheduled deadlines indicated on the Transient Study - Financial Aid Request Form.  If transcripts are not received, financial aid may be canceled for that term, and future requests will be denied.

For non-UNC Charlotte students attending UNC Charlotte as transient students:

  • If UNC Charlotte is not your home institution, you are not eligible for financial aid through UNC Charlotte. 
  • Contact your home institution’s financial aid office to have your financial aid processed for transient study at UNC Charlotte.