All undergraduate students enrolled in six or more degree-seeking credit hours are required to have health insurance. All graduate students enrolled in 3 or more degree-seeking credit hours are required to have health insurance.
Students may remain on their parents’ insurance or buy their own insurance. If you are covered by another health insurance policy, you can waive the Student Health Insurance (and remove the fee) by submitting this waiver.
- If you are covered by another policy, you can waive the Student Health Insurance fee by submitting an online waiver once you have registered for classes.
- The deadline to submit the waiver is approx. 30 days after the first day of class.
- Student insurance waivers are credits and appear on your account as a “Health Insurance Waiver."
- It may take up to 15 days for the credit to be processed and credited (applied) to your account.
- The University requires that account balances be paid in full by the due dates shown on your bill in order to avoid cancellation of courses at the beginning of the term. Paying in full means:
- Complete payment of tuition, fees and charges including health insurance;
- Payment of the difference of all charges minus offered and accepted financial aid; or
- Enrollment in the Charlotte payment plan.
Please visit the Student Health Insurance website for the insurance premium fee amount and instructions on the waiver process.